Time passes inexorably, and now the man retires, becomes a grandfather, and takes care of his grandchildren. . . Does this mean you can end your privacy now? Even 60-100 years ago, this question could have been answered clearly - yes. However, medical science does not stand still, and modern man ages much more slowly than his ancestors.
Sexual life after 60 years: characteristics
Men over 60 should not neglect sexual intimacy and should be afraid of it. At this age, the nature of the relationship with your second half changes somewhat. Passion and youthful enthusiasm will be replaced by a caring and attentive attitude towards your spouse, your sex life will be measured and coordinated, but it must be regular.
However, by the age of 60, the body significantlyreduces the production of the male sex hormone testosterone, without which a full erection is impossible. The decrease in testosterone in a man's blood occurs after 35-40 years, and by the time he reaches adulthood, it is reduced by half, despite this, attraction to the opposite sex remains at a high level.
It is unrealistic to avoid erectile dysfunction with age, but it can be delayed. And here there is no need to change anything drastically, on the contrary, it is important to maintain the usual lifestyle, including sexual relations. Don't exhaust yourself, don't have too active sex, try to prove to yourself and your partner that you are capable of many more things. Walk more often in the fresh air, but not like an old man, but combine walking with active physical activity.
Why does erectile function decrease?
A decrease in potency can be caused by the following factors:
- Smoking. Nicotine adversely affects blood circulation throughout the body, including the pelvic organs and the scrotum. A man's sexual function also suffers from this.
- Alcoholism. Men with the disease face the problem of reduced potency much earlier than reaching retirement age.
- drugs. Marijuana has a particularly strong negative effect on sexual function.
- Deterioration of potency occurs in men who have and suffer from kidney problemsurinary tract pathologies.
- A sedentary lifestyle. Nature has created a person's constant movement, and staying in one position for a long time leads to a violation of the blood circulation of the pelvic organs.
- Psychological factor. Constant stressful situations negatively affect the state of the hormonal background. Frequent nervous shocks suppress sexual desire.
- Chronic fatigue and sleepiness. A constant lack of sleep reduces the production of testosterone.
- The erectile function of men is adversely affectedcomplications of sexually transmitted diseasesand transmitted pathologies of the genital organs.
- Cardiovascular and endocrine system disorders. The circulation of blood in the body depends on the proper functioning of the heart muscle, therefore any violation and failure of the heart leads to a decrease in blood flow to the genitals. Problems with erectile function can also arise due to dysfunction of the endocrine glands.
- Unbalanced nutrition and metabolic disorders. Being overweight and having diabetes lead to erectile problems. A monotonous diet and a lack of the necessary amount of vitamins and minerals contribute to the disturbance of the entire male body, including the genitals.
Proper nutrition to increase potency
The normal functioning of the male reproductive system depends on many factors, including the correct diet. Therefore, representatives of the stronger sex should pay special attention to this issue after 60 years.
First of all, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of foods with high cholesterol, becausenegatively affects the state of the cardiovascular systemwhich in turn causes erectile problems. When creating the right diet, you must adhere to the following principles:
- Be sure to include whole grains, vegetable oils, poultry, low-fat dairy products, lean veal and fish, legumes, nuts, fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- You should limit the consumption of foods with a high salt content, because this can cause an increase in blood pressure. The amount of salt consumed should not exceed 5-6 grams per day.
- If erectile function weakens by the age of 60, experts recommend adding more seafood, onions, garlic, pomegranates and bananas to your diet.
- The consumption of high-cholesterol foods should be strictly limited, but these foods should not be completely avoided. Cholesterol is especially high in kidney, liver and fatty meats, as well as lard and fish. Sausage, butter, sour cream, cream and chicken eggs can be included in the diet, but in limited quantities.
- It should be noted that foods containing magnesium and calcium have a beneficial effect on heart function. Therefore, to saturate the body with these trace elements, it is recommended to eat zucchini, eggplant, new potatoes, grapes and bananas.
- Replace freshly squeezed fruit juices, herbal or green tea, sweet soda, strong tea and coffee with these drinks.
- Alcohol is allowed, but in small quantities. It is better to completely refuse strong alcoholic drinks.
The restoration of male potency after the age of 60 is facilitated not only by the correct diet and diet, but also by gentle physical activity.
How to restore potency with physical activity?
Men over the age of 60 should exercise in order to maintain excellent physical condition, but only in a moderate mode, with continuous monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure. When choosing exercises, it is necessary to take into account the fact that by the age of 60 a man is usually already burdened with chronic diseases and more, and this affects the determination of the intensity of physical activity.
Moderate but regular physical training lowers blood cholesterol levels and increases potency. It is best to avoid serious sports activities at this age. Do not engage in intense running and also exclude strength training on simulators.
After 60 years, it will be useful for a man to do morning exercises, walking, swimming and yoga.
Exercises to restore potency after 60 years
Can male erectile function be improved with exercise? As practice shows, this is absolutely true. Among the various types of training aimed at increasing potency, experts distinguish the following exercises, which are suitable for mature men:
- Exercises the muscles of the pelvis. Such classes are universal and suitable for both men and women. To perform the exercise, men must stop urinating while visiting the toilet, then strain and then relax the muscles. Repeat 30-50 times in one go. The exercises should be performed no more than three times a day.
- Aerobic training. Contribute to the normalization of blood flow, which positively affects not only the erection, but also its preservation. Blood flow to the lungs and heart helps improve erectile function.
- Kundalini Yoga. Such exercises improve muscle function and increase sexual desire.
Before determining the complex of sports exercises and the intensity of physical activity, ask your doctor for advice.
Medical restoration of potency
Treatment of sexual disorders must be comprehensive. In order to restore potency, men are prescribed drugs that improve the outflow of secretions from the prostate gland, as well as affect the blood circulation of the pelvic organs and genitals. In addition, a complex of vitamins, plant substances and minerals should be taken.
Of course, patients need additional drugs that ensure the formation of an erection at the right time. For example, they can bepharmacological agents containing active ingredients that promote the expansion of the corpora cavernosa and increase blood flow to the genitals.
There are several types of tablets that contain this substance. The most popular and sought-after remedy is a highly effective drug. The effect of the drug starts within 15-25 minutes after taking it and lasts for 5-6 hours. The recommended dose is 10 mg/day, but men over 60 should reduce this to 5 mg/day. Read the instructions carefully: the drug has contraindications (previous stroke or myocardial infarction, genetic diseases of the retina, kidney pathology).
However, do not be bitter about this. Men with a history of the above pathologies may experiencerestore efficacy with an alternative drug based on affinity-purified antibodies against endothelial NO synthase. The main advantage of the drug is absolute safety. The device can be used by men suffering from coronary artery disease, who have suffered a stroke, and who are under nitrate treatment. Thanks to the remedy, about 80% of older men fully recover their erectile function. The effectiveness of the drug is determined by the age and type of existing pathologies.
But despite the fact that this potency restoration method is safe, widely available and highly effective, it has a rather serious drawback: the development of psychological dependence. The fact is that a man, after completely getting rid of the problem, continues to take medicine because of the pleasant sensations that arise.
If all the tried methods do not lead to the desired result, the only way out is to perform the operation. Thanks to the surgical intervention, blood flow to the genitals improves, the penis fills with blood more quickly and becomes erect.
Folk methods for restoring potency in men after 60 years
You can also increase potency with natural remedies:
- Tinctures, teas and decoctions based on ginseng root have a positive effect on the blood circulation of the pelvic organs. Such foundations are presented to older men with erectile dysfunction, which occurs against the background of hormonal disorders and emotional and physical exhaustion.
- Pumpkin seeds have a medicinal effect and have a beneficial effect on men's health. This natural ingredient helps to increase immunity, improve the health status of pathologies of the urogenital system, and reduce the symptoms of prostate adenoma. In addition, pumpkin seeds are an excellent preventive measure for prostatitis.
- Aphrodisiacs. These natural ingredients can significantly improve your sex life. Aphrodisiacs increase libido, have a positive effect on the quality and duration of sexual intercourse, improve sexual sensation and normalize blood flow to the genitals.
- Pollen can normalize the functioning of the reproductive system and restore male strength.
- St. John's wort tincture has a beneficial effect on a man's erectile function and the state of his nervous system. The restoration of potency is ensured by the enhancement of sexual desire and the improvement of the psychological state.
The health of an older person, including sexual health, depends on many factors, of which the following are considered the most important:
- absence of diseases;
- proper nutrition;
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
However, this is extremely rare, so experts are constantly working to create new ways to solve problems related to erectile dysfunction in men after 60 years.